An Idea who's time has come

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Ric, Aug 4, 2012.

1. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

I did give the pictured rig an A for being creative. Business is not what it use to be in Venice say 20 years ago. I have had to adjust my types of services offered but I don't believe I could ever be a mow and go knowing there is so much more that can be done
    before I can say the job is done.
    easy-lift guy

2. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

It's called have a specialty rig. You can have two or three of these and one full service rig for the perodic services. That would be my plan.

3. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

I like that plan. Like having a mowing and pruning division.
    easy-lift guy

4. Duekster

from DFW, TX

Moving that direction as fast as I can. Again, I would not send this rig to a large commercial account either. I would like a box truck.

The truck trailer rig is around 40 feet long. I could back up 2 NPR's in the same space in the shop.

5. Del9175

Del9175 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 2010 350 dually with this set up. Their are quite a few fabrication shops that are building these.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Johnagain

Johnagain LawnSite Senior Member

If you had a dually with the inner tires removed then you could get a wider deck mounted on the frame that would sit much lower than one mounted above the tires. Lower to the ground could use a shorter gate and possibly make the bed longer to get 2 ztr's turned sideways.

7. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

Stupid rig....

8. Duekster

from DFW, TX

I agree this one is not the best set up but I have seen similar designs with good layouts. I do not think they are putting Z on them but 36" WB too.

Some cages and tool rakes as well would go a long ways. If you put some stakes on the sides you could deliver some mulch or rock with it was well like a stake truck.

I see a lot of stake trucks and flat beds in the NE.

9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Look who is talking.

I never said this particular rig was A 1. I only post the picture as a sample of what could be done. I don't cut grass or trimm Green bushes, Only hairy ones. So this rig wouldn't work for me.

10. mjlcare2

mjlcare2 LawnSite Member

Not for me or my company but to each his own.. Too bad he doesn't put a little effort into the appearance of his equipment/truck.. having a nice clean rig goes a long way with your customers.

somebody said something about taking the inner tires off the dually.. why buy the dually then.. blah blah blah.. more width for a bed.. you gotta have something in there otherwise it will be a single tire unit just like the non dually