An Idea who's time has come

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Ric, Aug 4, 2012.

1. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

In Texas there are more rigs that look like that then there are the nice fancy setups. A nice rig is a turn off to people they assume you will be the high bidder. It is all about price and doing a quality job.

2. Good thing I don't live near you. People around here don't want a beat up truck with oil leaks and looking like it came from a junkyard. There's a reason why people pay more for a clean appearance and a quality job. Companies that drive setups like that don't provide that. They are scrapping for the bottom feeders.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

Then why say:

"An Idea who's time has come" :dizzy:

I've seen rigs like this and on box trucks as well; it's an insane and unsafe setup, way too much top side and especially dangerous when that ramp gets a little slippery. Watched a guy slip down the ramp on his mower just about out of control.

Not for me... IMO it's a stupid setup.

4. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

What you said; clean rig, clean shirts, clean equipment that's well maintained and documented English speaking crews!

5. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I think a professional appearance is needed for sure.

My comments are more about the design. Removing the bed and installing a dove tail flat bed configured for a landscape service.

6. I wasn't referring to what you wrote....
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I know. Just adding to the converstation.
    Personally, I like box trucks better but that would be hard to do in a PU chasis.

I am getting to where I like the trailer less and less but it will always have it's place too.

8. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

That sure beats pulling a trailer! Especially in Florida subdivisions with small streets and cul-de-sac's.

If that were my setup I'd do fold down mesh sides for pallets and a big debris box up from for trimmings and what not. Maybe even aluminum.

Ric you thinking of starting a fab shop? If so I'll take 2.

9. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

Del 9175 - how does it work for you on your f350. I was planning on get one put on my 2001 f350 dually. You probably can only put 1 zero trun on ther right? How does it handle weight wise?

10. stickleylawncare

stickleylawncare LawnSite Member

I can see the usefulness of a setup of similar to that as well. There are several streets here with 'no parking' rules and the houses are all on long, narrow lots that make trailers a complete pain in the ass. Having a small vehicle like this to zip in and out of those places would be awesome.