An idea

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mcwlandscaping, Feb 3, 2006.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Ok, ive been thinking about an idea for a striper, im going to try to explain it so bear with me!! I am thinking of it for a WB for now and will be attached towards the back somewhat like a big league lawns stripe kit. Heres the idea

Have the arms connecting it to the frame of the mower spring loaded. I am unsure of what i want to do as far as a roller, This will do two things.

1- provide light but sufficient downpressure to lay down a nice stripe
    2- Also allow it to move up and down with the contour of the ground, so if you came up to a high spot in the middle, you wouldn't mess up the turf there.

So, anyone have any ideas for a roller or circumstances where this may not work? if you could even understand my description!! Thanks guys

2. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Its been done before. I can't remember the name of the company but someone posted a pic of one a few years ago.

3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

4. mcwlandscaping

Thanks for the posts, i think im going to try out my design to see what i come up with, nothing else to do with my time!!

5. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

the one in the pic in the link looked like it scrubbed the tires...

6. mcwlandscaping

Hmm, i didn't happen to see this, but i am going to try it on my eXmark. Could anyone telll me experiences they have had with different types of roller (ie, plastic steel, etc.) Thanks