1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

An Idea

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by twin50, Aug 7, 2008.

1. twin50

twin50 LawnSite Member

Okay I was out standing on my deck relaxing a bit looking at a 6x12 trailer I have and a one ton 4x4 chevy crew cab that doesn't get used much. I have been thinking about the landscape body truck concept for a few months now. So...here is my thought could I not remove the bed of the truck add some support take the axle off the trailer and mount it??? What do you all think?

2. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

personally i wouldnt do that to a perfectly good truck. but you could do it if you wanted but i just wouldnt want to ruin a good truck that you could sell now and make a good chunk of change off of compared to where you couldnt when it has a landscape body on it.

3. JosephLawnCare

JosephLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

<What do you all think?>

I think you'll look like a red-neck. When you finish, you should put one of those stickers across the front windshield that says "Get r done"

4. twin50

twin50 LawnSite Member

Already have one!! Git R Done

5. JosephLawnCare

JosephLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

oh sorry, what about some of them there chrome naked lady mapflaps flappin allround that there freeway. just kiddin with you man

6. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

I think your height would be too high.

7. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I've had the same idea about putting a small trailer body on a truck. I think a little dovetail trailer would be good to use.

8. chrispondilm

chrispondilm LawnSite Member

putting the trailer on back is easy. Way cheaper than buying custom, also lighter. Did it to my f250 and it works great