An Incredible Waterfall/ Pond under Construction

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by Venturewest, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Venturewest

Venturewest LawnSite Senior Member

I couldn't resist posting a pic of this incredible water feature under construction in my area. I would love to be involved in the building of something of this scale. I will post some more pics as the construction progresses.

This is part of the entrance of a new housing development. I can't wait to see the houses.

WaterfallEdmond.jpg

2. LTL

LTL LawnSite Member
    from Tulsa

Who is the contractor?

3. Venturewest

Pitzer's is the the landscape general contractor. I don't know if they subcontracted part or all of the feature to a specialized contractor or not. You are only seeing about 1/3 or 1/4 of the total feature in the pic. There is a huge tiered waterfall at the top of the developement that starts it all.

4. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

wow, that is impressive.

keep pics coming as progress is made.

5. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice boulders.

I like that kind of look a lot better than the massive feature I posted that a guy did out this way with angular basalt rock.

The rounded contours are a nice style.

6. Fishwhiz

Fishwhiz LawnSite Member
    from Oregon

looks like a lot of spendy rock for that part of the country.

7. Fishwhiz

Fishwhiz LawnSite Member
    from Oregon

looks like a lot of spendy rock for that part of the country. Oh and the clarity a color quality of your pic is terrific... what camera did you use?

8. Venturewest

I haven't had a chance to get past the project lately. I will try to get a couple of updated pics this week. I am sure they are getting close to completing the feature.

I am sure the rock probably came from Colorado, and with transportation I am sure it was pricey.

The camera I used is just a Canon Powershot A610. When I purchased it, it was kind of a middle of the road point and shoot with some advanced features. I probably had it on "landscape" mode which reduces the aperture size for finer details which worked well on this sunny day.

9. MJK

MJK LawnSite Senior Member

Ever get a finished pic?

10. Venturewest

The feature is completed, but I didn't have my camera the day I swung by. I will do that soon.