An Insane estimate

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 6'7 330, Jan 17, 2006.

1. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Let’s get some reactions to the following potential client’s oddball Conditions, and who, and who would not take this potential plum account. Keep in mind this man cannot be dissuaded. So unwashed masses, what would your reactions have had been.

My wife’s has attorney friend, and her father needs lawn service for 2006.after listening to how he gets inferior service, incompetent LCO’S etc etc , she asked us to talk with him. We arranged the talk; and the area is in one of our areas of operations. As we started to talk, it became apparent he was less concerned about price, and more concerned about several conditions, which he demanded our workers would have to adhere to.

1 No power string trimmers to be used ---his fear is, he informs me —the trimmers will ruin his foundation, garage, etc. In addition, the back has stockade fencing. He wants some kind of old-fashioned hand snipers used.

2-The lawn, about 18k sq ft of turf, must be cut using a 21-inch mower.

3-A sidewalk runs though the back lawn, the workers under no circumstances can walk on; push a mower over etc- etc.

4-an area in the back directly behind what he called his rocking chair deck, about 1000 square feet, must be mowed using an old time reel non-powered push mower.

5-Under no circumstances can the workers enter the back from the front gate, nor enter the front from the back. They must enter the back from an alley gate.

6- No power hedge trimmers to be used on a sh!tload of yews and various other bushes when hedges are trimmed.

I envision this man to be a pita of epic proportions, one that would watch every move of the workers.

The account will pay 100% more for 100% more time.

2. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Bill, I would be scared of this one. There just aint enough money to put up with sh-t like this. What difference does it make what gate you go threw? Does he think your workers are inferior? Do you even own a real mower? Im affraid that you or no one would ever please him, no matter what price you give him would cause you ulcers.

3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Like my great-granddaddy said Bill, "sometimes money just ain't a good enough reason" :laugh:

4. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

d@m it boy .he would only see elbo's and ******* from me........................

5. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

That the main reason I'd stay away from this one :nono:

6. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

WOW! we've got a softie on our hands.

7. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

I agree with olderthan...it's just too close to home to touch.If it was someone you did not know,I would sure accomodate them to their exact standards for that good money..and I would make sure it was good money too.Sometimes rich pita's are well worth the hassle!!

8. The mayor

The mayor LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like a great job for both of my teenage daughters as a punishment. They both hate to trim. They would never complain after using hand trimmers.
    If the money is there. Why not.

9. n2h20

n2h20 LawnSite Senior Member

I would run away from this one., attorney in the family and bizarre requirments.. NO WAY.. Sounds like it would be nothing but headaches..
    but then again he could be the best customer you ever had...

10. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

you forgot how he wants you to sit down and talk with the lawn for exactly 47 mins before cutting and 17 mins after. To help the grass go through the horrible act of being cut. You must love the grass..feel the grass...be the grass.