an investment that just keeps growing!!!!!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by scagmower, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Cloud9Landscapes

Cloud9Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ca

What brand of wall is this? It looks amazing!

[​IMG]

2. Graveslawncare

Graveslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I think it's the Belgard 'Belair' Wall Collection. Or at least looks exactly like it...

3. JDavisLandscapes

JDavisLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

How was the season man? Hope all went well.

4. KE-llc

KE-llc LawnSite Senior Member

Graves, that's techo block and it sucks to install.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. greatinmulchbeds

greatinmulchbeds LawnSite Member

that is not techo its belgard belair wall....please stay on a lawn mower

6. scagmower

scagmower LawnSite Senior Member

Oh Boy yeah....this is the first time i have been on this site since well probably late spring or early summer. I dont even know where to start. We bought an almost new Bobcat t190 with tracks, a few more lawn mowers, another truck and I think thats it. Were in the process of building a new shop. 40x60. Its going to be really nice, I am sick of all my equipment being scattered around. Also I bought 20 more acres right next to my 17. This is where we are building the new shop. We had 3 good jobs to do but the weather has put us on hold. We have already had 6 snows this year which us unreal for us. So yeah things are going great, and my working and financial goals for the 2010 were met and even exceeded greatly.

backhoe bush hog, 4-1 bucket, yard box probably going to sell it soon.

Customer was to cheap

We got 2 and sometimes 3 guys who mow. 1 guy who does Maintenance, and I run the crew who does all the new installs, excavating and I have 2 guys that help me. Are biggest money maker is Landscaping, I couldnt tell you any percentages though lol. Me and a few of the guys have taken most of are classes at Purdue University. a few odd classes ICPI, SRW

ICPI, SRW are great classes for pavers and retaining wall, you can learn from reading different books too. I started with a push mower when i was 15, and have worked my way from there. For a long time all the money I earned I just stuck it back into my company buying equipment, and its payed off for me. Good luck with your biz

Yup you got it

Thanks, yes it was a great season couldnt of asked for a better season actually. Hope all is well with your company:waving:

All try and post some pictures sometime soon

7. tallrick

tallrick LawnSite Senior Member

Just be happy to have the opportunity to build such a business without Big Brother killing it or hoardes of wetbacks doing the work for taco money. Having affordable land and a North American economy helps too! Great work and I expect more progress in 2011!

8. dedwisper

dedwisper LawnSite Member
    from FL

Well, it's refreshing to see that racism is still alive and well these days.
    I've perused this forum for about 2 years and rarely, if ever posted to this site, but I just had to comment after seeing such small-minded comments by what I'm sure is a small-time LCO. I am one of a "hoard of wetbacks", I own a landscape management company in South Florida, and 2010 revenue looks to be a bit under 1.3. Until your post, I had completely forgotten that I was in this only for the taco money. Thanks for clarifying, tallrick.

9. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Wy do you guys have to always blame someone else for you not having work. Get out there and hustle! I too am Hispanic and everything for me is on the up an up. We are planning on running 5 crews next year, but I guess I am just a wetback doing this for chump change. Sorry but this beaner drives a new chevy and spends more on boots than you probably spend on all your walmart clothes.

To the op, you look to have a great company going for you. Keep it up!
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. tallrick

tallrick LawnSite Senior Member

Not trying to offend anyone but just writing what I have been told. With all the people I know who mow lawns, they tell me the same thing. One of them was from the midwest and was shocked to see how things work in South Florida. Another is a LEGAL immigrant from Mexico and he complains the most about the illegals! Trying to run a business by the book when others do it under the table. Having rich clients makes it worse as the more money they have the cheaper they seem to be. I know people who have tried to set up a legitimate business and became frustrated with the red tape. Rampant insurance fraud in this area makes it the most expensive in the country. If these things were not true why would I hear the complaints on a daily basis? You never see businesses grow like the one on this thread, but a lot of struggling unemployed people trying to make a living. The other growth industry is trash picking for scrap metal.