1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

an investment that just keeps growing!!!!!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by scagmower, Apr 11, 2010.

1. scagmower

scagmower LawnSite Senior Member

No, I dont bag the grass to much of a pain, and for the most part a waist of time.

2. scagmower

Heres some picts of a few jobs, been doing alot of drainage work, and we actually got 3 more jobs installing french drains, and dry wells for people. Also some picts of a small new install, and the guys doing some maintenance.

turkey picts spring 2010 014.jpg

turkey picts spring 2010 016.jpg

turkey picts spring 2010 019.jpg

turkey picts spring 2010 022.jpg

turkey picts spring 2010 024.jpg
  3. scagmower

turkey picts spring 2010 046.jpg

turkey picts spring 2010 042.jpg

turkey picts spring 2010 045.jpg
  4. collegefundms

collegefundms LawnSite Member

Quick question, how do you fill up your equipment trucks, mowers, mini ex, do you do it after work or do you have a transfer tank? Thanks. Sorry if its too much I am in a bind with what to do.
  5. GreenGiant94

GreenGiant94 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey man, everything looks amazing just like last year. What is that third scag you have now? Do take your mowers to get serviced or do you do them your self? If you have them done at a dealer how much does it cost you to have one of them done if you dont mind me asking?
  6. scagmower

No im in the process of getting bulk fuel tanks at the house, but for now its just fill up every morning at 7:30am, and for the excavator and lawnmower just fill em up at the pump for now

The third scag is the new tiger cat, so far its been a great mower, has lots of power, and no we service our own lawn mowers. Servicing scags is really basic and easy, i suggest just doing them yourself, it would cost us a way to much. We sharpen lawn mower blades usually 2 times a wk
  7. collegefundms

collegefundms LawnSite Member

Gotcha how big of tanks are you going to get. Mine are 5,000 gal and we really like them alot better. But im also looking at getting an 80gal tank in my truck bed also.
  8. old oak lawn

old oak lawn LawnSite Senior Member

5000 gal ? or 500 gal? SCAGMOWER looks like your doing real good for yourself.
  9. scagmower

Sweet man, ya know I havnt had time to look into it, but when things slow down I will have to look into it more. I think it would really save us probably 20 mins a day if we had it at our garage.

Yeah, ya know its been a pretty good year, last month was my best month for my company, and so far, im ahead in numbers for what i wanted to make at the end of the year. So i guess thats always good, especially the way this economy is. It just shows if you do good work, you ll stay busy.
  10. TSB group

TSB group LawnSite Member

100 yards with 5 full time guys and you? Must not be doing that many mulch jobs. I just passed 160 and its just my brother and I. What is your average size job? I seem to be around 13-14 yards.