An Office/Shop...Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MainTainZ Property Svcs., Dec 10, 2013.

1. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

Stop right there.

Where I live I could never find a place to buy $2,000 a month.

That is a $24,000 a year expense.

$24,000 would keep me in trucks, trailers, mowers and every kind of equipment I want.

I am not anti shop and yard. Just so many other things are a more important to me.

2. MainTainZ Property Svcs.

MainTainZ Property Svcs. LawnSite Member

Uh, I pay $200 a month not $2,000...

3. 32vld

Uh, I know what you are paying. It comes to $2,400 a year. And you got a great deal.

I stated that I could not buy commercial property for less then $2,000 a month where I am located. That would be $24,000 a year for me.

I would have to make an extra $900 a week during the mowing season to afford a shop and yard. Not anti shop. Just that being I have not out grown my home garage. I can use a new truck and other equipment upgrades. That $24,000 a year, every year, for me would be better spent other ways.

4. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

Understand that 32 has 32 lawns and is not planning on any growth.

:) just messing with ya
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. MainTainZ Property Svcs.

MainTainZ Property Svcs. LawnSite Member

Well, Uh, I honestly had no idea what 32 was talking about. Seemed like he was stating that there was no way he could pay $2,000 a month when that had never been brought up. I'll just chalk that one up to a little misunderstanding. Everybody have a Happy New Year.

6. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

I would say if you already own the building move in, worst case you outgrow it and move up, jmho
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. hamiltonenterprising

hamiltonenterprising LawnSite Member

Ima chalk your post up as a little misunderstanding. He said in HIS market he couldnt even get one for 2000.
    I'm sure he along with all of us would jump on a shop for 200
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

So it would seem like a pretty good place to make an investment..:laugh:

9. 32vld

No way in my market.

I would not even wait to take my work boots off to put my sneakers on before I took that jump.

10. hydemow

hydemow LawnSite Member

Not sure where you are from but we are currently working in breaking ground for a new shop. 50x90x12 will have 2 10x10 doors, 4 10x9 doors plus a walk door. The cost for the building with doors, and door openers is $20569.00 from menards. I know a concrete guy that is going to do the floor for $9000. My guys will do the building of the building so about 2-4k there. I will then finish the south 20' of the building for a apartment/office. So total around 30k