1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

An open letter to this forum

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by naturescaretaker, Dec 16, 2004.

1. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

I have been in the green industry since I was old enough to push a mower and cut my neighbors yard for $2.50. I am almost 43 now. I have lived on both coasts and was born in the Midwest. I am by no means an expert on any one topic. However, I do know a little at PROFESSIONALISM and what it takes to succeed in this business.

Over the last few weeks I have seen some pretty interesting threads. Some are a blast to read and make my sides hurt from laughing on a really bad day. Others I learn something from. For the most part we all enjoy them and take something away positive.

We are a very large group of intelligent people. Otherwise we would not be in business for ourselves. I know that some may argue that point but lets move past that. We have some very heated topics from time to time. Nothing is meant to be a personal attack. If it is... then whomever needs to "sign off" and move on in life. Life is to short to get caught up in some trivial argument online.

Again, we are all professionals here. I have noticed that some members almost lie in wait for someone else to come online and then they rip them. There are thousands of people who read this site, some may be your neighbors or customers. Do you really act like you type in your business? Do you want them to see your childish bickering?

I think we all need to move on from some of these childish bickering. It is not professional. There are three members that come to mind right away. One member now has something in their "signature line" about another. This is over the top and is extremely unprofessional. Let's move on and get back to what this board is all about. Yes there is one person who spends a lot of time on this site and probably rubs us all the wrong way from time to time. So what. There is no reason to get into a personal attack mode. We are all better then that and if we aren't.... we should not be in business or on this site. Do you treat your customers, friends, employees, family and your pet dog that way? Move on and let us grow our business together.

Let us all remember that Christmas is just a few days away. Let us put down our daggers, shake hands and celebrate the season and be PROFESSIONAL Business Owners.

Merry Christmas to all.

2. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

"Senility Prayer"...
    God grant me ...
    The senility to forget the people I never liked
    The good fortune to run into the ones that I do
    And the eyesight to tell the difference."
  3. wbw

wbw LawnSite Fanatic

Well said, very well said.
  4. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

is there any way I could get your email address, I would like to ask you some things about houston. thanks SY
  5. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

ditto on the well said remark
  6. richard coffman

richard coffman LawnSite Senior Member

Brian, I couldn't agree more with ya. Very well said. :D

7. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

Costal if you really want to know how this started talk to gedd.

A couple weeks ago i asked him not to call me "son" It was very condecending and disrespectful considering my father was laying in a hospital dying and would pass a few days after that.

Then he comes at me calling me names and try to correct my english ( and being wrong at that also).

People come here looking for advice and help, some members like me will try to help them, while some like him call them losers and tell them not to bother because they will fail.

I left this site about 6 months ago because of all the crap and stuck up A-holes that post here. I thought coming back things might be different. Apparently i was wrong. Never underestimate the power of a jerk.
  8. richard coffman

richard coffman LawnSite Senior Member

you should not give up the site because of a few people. Guys like us are the one's who make this site what it is. I'm sure Bobby is a nice guy, But different parts of the united states are different, and so are the folke that live here. just remember, people can't offend us unless we allow them. just my 2 cents.

9. forgop

forgop LawnSite Member

Uhh, I'm new here, but I already have enough common sense to realize that gedd is an idiot. You don't have to fight any battles with people who come here to flame the board cuz you'll be as bad as they are. Look at your actions about how you responded to him before you point the finger at him.
  10. buddhacj7

buddhacj7 LawnSite Member

To show your maturity and professionalism just leave it alone. Be a bigger and better person by turning the other cheek. There are always people putting others down to take off them and hide their own insecurities not to say he is insecure because I do not know him and he does'nt know you I suppose. Just let it go and try to reduce the long, drawn out threads of bickering and save some energy for helping members that could use the good advice on the business like myself. Thanks to all that help us with their knowledge.