An urgent message

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 6'7 330, Oct 16, 2005.

1. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

WE have an account with a rich elderly lady in an exclusive neighborhood in the city. It’s very good account brings in thousands every year. On Wednesday I checked my voice mail, and the lady must have called every 5 minutes, she must have left a 100 messages. She says in the message it is urgent and to call her back ASAP, and my girlfriend Teresa commented, somebody that persistent call her back ASAP lol, and the account is a very profitable one.

The message did get me curious to find out what was so urgent, and to ascertain if a problem existed. I called back and when she answered I said mame, I’m returning your message. First thing she says, yes yes it’s very urgent, and then she goes into about her dog needing to go outside. When She came back to the phone, she asked me, do you know what, and I say no mame, what lol, my neighbors dog is ugly because they tie an electrical cord around it lol.Then she started playing 2001 question’s and asked me do you still have your gall bladder, Yes mame as far as I know I still contain the old gall bladder lol.Then she said a few things, that made me see the meds quit working and, she was A few feathers short of a whole duck. She asked me my first name lol, before I could answer she asks would you like to meet a girl I know, then again before I could answer, she says I think she is dead, you don’t want to meet her lol.Then she performs the coup da tah lol, she informs me she going to pick up a 1941 ford, at a dealership bought out 25 years ago lol!

Would anybody like to venture forth a guess, after listening to this lady for a good 30 minutes, what the urgent problem was lol

2. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

I think she wants ya mate! LOL!

.....without the kilt ha ha ha!

3. wacamaster

wacamaster LawnSite Member
    from MI

She thought the yard looked great.

4. MBDiagMan

MBDiagMan LawnSite Senior Member

It sounds as if the Alzheimers has caught up with her. I have watched two people that I know very well go down with it and although it can get almost comical at times, it is a terrible thing to see.

Good luck,
    Doc

5. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Im going with Tony on this one:D And I thought I had some waco,s! Now what was the serious problem?

6. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

was her name cyrilda?

let me guess, shes not happy with her current lawn boy and heard lots of good things about you and wants to hire you to mow her yard. :laugh: :dizzy:

7. mbricker

mbricker LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, I can relate-most of us can if we work for very many elderly customers.

Last month I had 3 messages in the space of 12 hours from a lady wanting me to come by and fix her ceiling fan. This was a lawn customer who dropped me for a grandson about 2 1/2 years ago. I just decided I wasn't even going to call her back, I figured the confusion would only get worse.

8. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

remember hugs not drugs

9. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like she may have had a small stroke get over there and check on her and see if she has any family you can call to get her help,look in her phone book if you must to get a # you can call.

10. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Good advise, but be sure to clean out the jewelry boxes and check under the mattress before making the call :p