ANbody every used buyers pro wings on a V plow?

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by Plowboy, Feb 21, 2001.

1. Plowboy

Plowboy LawnSite Member

Just looking for alternatives to buying a bigger plow

2. i don't think that the center pin can support this new weight. v-plow weight is already over a regular plow. also steel gauge grade is usually cheaper to reduce the weight of the part of a vplow.

Not from my own experience, but i was looking to do something like this, (hydraulics pro wing on a reg straight plow). For sure it will be more efficient, but the cost of the wears and tears and the risk of a breakdown during a storm. I prefer work secure, it pay more.

Denis

3. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

We bought a business last summer and the owner (who came aboard as landscape maintenance Production Manager) had wings on his Boss V.... said it worked just fine and he loved the productivity.

We took them off and told him to "live with it".

4. npalomba

npalomba LawnSite Member

JA, is that because you were concerned about the Center Pin also, or jsut didn't want to

5. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson LawnSite Senior Member

We had a set on our 8' Boss V and no problems.Worked real well.Thinking about buying them for the 9' Boss's

6. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

I was chicken to take the chance. Pure and simple.
    Not a great answer from one who thrives on pushing the envelope.

7. cut-rite

cut-rite LawnSite Member

I run pro wings on my 8.5 EZV,they help a lot. They are harder on the rig but for me it's a good trade off.
    Brad

8. earth works inc.

earth works inc. LawnSite Member

Mike: do you have a problem with them wearing uneven? i know with my 8'boss v - the cutting edge doesnt were even.
    how much time do you think they save you. do you keep them on all the time or for just certain snow events?

curious had thought about it but never tried it.

9. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson LawnSite Senior Member

No problem with wearing.Now we are switching to urathane,will be even better.:D
    Good Luck

10. MWeaver

MWeaver LawnSite Member

I have a Western 8'6" V plow and considered putting the pro wings on it but was told by my dealer that the end of the wings would drag on the ground during transport when it is in the V position. Can anyone confirm whether they do touch the ground during transport and if so, do you then travel with it in staight blade mode? Only problem with traveling in straight blade mode is that it puts more of the weight farther out front of an already heavy plow and increases the wear on the front suspension.