Anbody use a Ryan LA28

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 3horn, Oct 11, 2000.

1. 3horn

3horn LawnSite Member

Just wanted to see if anyone uses a Ryan LA28 aerator. I never have seen/used one in person. I have a roller type Lawnaire, and a old "homemade" piston style aerator. The piston style seems to pull better plugs. LA28 looks like a good unit, just wanted to know how easy to operate, turn, engage, etc.

2. TGCummings

TGCummings LawnSite Senior Member

My local dealer has Ryan or Bluebird aerators, and I've been meaning to ask about both, too. I know I can get one in a pinch from him anytime through my personal account there, but are they good machines? Do they compare with Turfco, better or worse?

Any answers appreciated!

-TGC

3. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

Use the search button at the top. Lots of discussions about aerators.

4. Rodney Anderson

Rodney Anderson LawnSite Member

THE LAWN AIR 28 IS VERY GOOD MACHINE BUT, IF YOUR LAWN ARE FULL ROOTS OR ROCKS THIS IS NOT THE AERATOR FOR YOU. WHEN GOING ACROSS THE LAWNS AND YOU HIT A HIDDEN ROCK OR ROOT WATCH OUT. THIS MACHINE BUCKS LIKE A MAD STALLION. THUIS MACHINE DOES THE BEST JOB WHEN YOU NEED THE SOILA ND THATCH BROKEN UP REALLY WELL. THIS MACHINE ALSO REQUIRES MORE MAINTENANCE BECAUSE OF THE CRANCK MECHANISM GREASING DAILET IS ESSENTIAL. I PREFER THE LAWN AIR 5 AND 4. BUT DO NOT USE THESE MODLES. I USE A LESCO MODEL MADE BY GLASSEN IT DOES VERY WELL.