Anchor Highland Wallstone

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by LHlandscaping, Mar 13, 2005.

1. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

Great remodel !

2. LHlandscaping

LHlandscaping LawnSite Member
    from PA/ SW

Some final project views. This one is the half circle at the bottom step

Attached Files:

3. LHlandscaping

from PA/ SW

Hope you enjoyed the pictures.

Attached Files:

4. LHlandscaping

from PA/ SW

One more shot.

Attached Files:

5. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

Did you create 2 pedistals for the stairs ? Looks great.

6. LHlandscaping

from PA/ SW

No i just did one at the bottom. Thank you for your compliments.

7. CrewCutEnterprises

CrewCutEnterprises LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, Looks great.

Im looking to learn about pavers and wall's. What does it cost to build something like that. with stairs, 2 walls and a small paver pad.

cost to build

cost to customer??

Thanks alot.

8. LHlandscaping

from PA/ SW

I charge $30.00 per face foot for the wall with a cost of about $6.00 per face foot plus gravel etc. On the pavers I charge $6.10 per square foot at my cost of $1.44. This includes the installation. Mulch, shrubs, and anything else are extra. This can be a little tricky sometimes. If you have an area where a dump site is not close to or you cannot get a machine into I'd charge a little more. Also some pavers require every linear edge to be cut like the one I did here so keep that in mind also because it adds alot to you time of installation. Hope this helps if you need any more info pm me and I'll help you all I can but I am no means as seasoned as most of the guys on here.

9. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks awesome.....do you need to do anything special if you butt it up against the house? Or do you use the house as a starting point? I have someone who wants a wall built and they think it has to be free standing, I told them it starts at the house and you create a U shape, not a box shape up against the wall...let me know. Looks kicka#@!! :)

10. LHlandscaping

from PA/ SW

I used the house as a starting point because it was the lowest point to start the leveling pad. Just try to keep the stone close to the house so your drainage gravel doesn't wash out between the cracks. I don't know wxactly what your up against but I think a gravity wall or re-inforced wall should work out fine from what you told me. Just be sure you can drain water away from the house if you are making any grade changes. Hope this helps.