1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ancient Hunter rotor nozzles

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Wet_Boots, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Found these is a box of junk. Half the tree, numbers 4,5,6,10,11,12 - note they are longer than today's nozzles, and they have tiny side holes around the central hole. No square holes, not even for the #1 nozzles, which also came with tiny side holes. Of course, the "dirty-water" strainer in today's heads would not work with these nozzles. The original strainer was much a finer mesh.

2. Henry's brass head collection is cooler.
  3. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

what kind of hunter rotor did it fit into?
  4. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Not sure it was called the PGP back then though. Wasn't it the G Series or something similar Boots? I have a few in service still that I see from time to time. Is that also the one with the plastic diffuser screw that eventually crumbled away?
  6. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

That is something I had totally forgotten about.
  7. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

Are you sure?

Look at it, it's almost twice as long just like boots says. Will it fit into a pgp?

Even the G-series supports today's red and blue pgp nozzles. ( I just did an outfit for a guy who refused to replace them :( )
  8. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Those nozzles were for a PGP "type" head, but not the true PGP, I believe. Basically the early day model of the PGP. yes the red and blue will fit in the older heads because they are shorter. But the longer black ones will not fit in the newer PGPs if I remember correctly.
  9. I still remember when HUNTER mailed out thousands of those original rotors as samples. Never heard of them until I get that free rotor to try out. The plastic diffuser screws were a disaster. What were they thinking. At least they dealt with it fairly fast.
  10. Lite Headed

Lite Headed LawnSite Member

They were called the G series...circa ~1983-84. Plastic nozzle retainer/diffuser screw as well as a handy plastic allen wrench for adjustments. :laugh: