Ancillary Services

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by OnMyOwn, Sep 18, 2006.

1. OnMyOwn

OnMyOwn LawnSite Senior Member

Most of us mowing guys make additional $ from our other services, such as seeding, aeration, mulching, flowers, etc. I am considering purchasing an aerator, and was wondering if any of you have experiences with a blue bird?

By the way, I am considering a WB 28" unit with free-wheeling tines on the left and right. I am a previous owner of a Plugr model, but did not like the fact that it would not climb hills very well. I just want to make sure that the blue bird (non-cam-driven) will perform as well, and not kick my rear-end, like some of the rental units.

2. turfcobob

turfcobob LawnSite Senior Member

If you want an aerator that is high production and easy to run look at the TurnAer from Turfco. I am 59 years old and can run one for hours. I ride behind mine on the chariot that comes with it. I can also take it off to walk the tight areas. YOu drive it with brakes. No back muscle needed. see it at Turfco.com or call 1800-679-8201 and get a CD

3. OnMyOwn

OnMyOwn LawnSite Senior Member

I'll take a look. Thank you!

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I have a Plugr 800...I never go up or down hills with it or my Bluebird, rather go across a slope or hill.