and 57 cents....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Mar 7, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

are your prices even, or are they like $28.79. or $33.57.....? my new customers always say my pricing is odd. they are used to paying an even amount like $25, $30, $35. i collected some cash today, it was a monthly fee, it came out to $235.57. the only reason she paid me in person was because i was there estimating some other work. she handed me the $235. i waited a minute, she wasn't gettin the change, i cleared my throat and stuck out my hand. she goes, "what, is it wrong?" i said, "another 57 cents please." so, are your prices even, or odd like mine?

2. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

Bobby, Ever heard of rounding up?

3. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

I never want change, only get it when I add in tax. I'm sure you collected tax on that cash right? :laugh:

4. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

You need the tatoo jesse james has on his hand, PAY UP SUCKA

5. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

No offense bobby, but the dollar amount isn't the only thing that's odd.

Round up to the next dollar or even $5. The tax man doesn't care he just wants his share.

6. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with the others Bobby, either round up of round down... I would round up!

7. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

How can you rd up? you give a price and then you add the tax. That is the # you collect. Cash is king and might even deserve a small, ever so small discount.

Mac

8. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

so true mac. the reason my #'s are odd, is because of sales tax, and because my seasonal increases are done % wise, not a flat $3, or $5.

9. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

If I'm charging tax I do keep the odd total with change. In NC we don't charge tax on services so most of my bills won't even have tax on them. The only time we have tax is if I do an install or buy some supplies and charge the customer for them.

10. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

Bobby, Are you telling me you collected cash from a customer and actually claimed it as income, sales tax and all ?