And a .......................................

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Frontier-Lawn, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

another one bites the dust ;)
    . you win :p
    . i lose :cry:
    .. good bye :D

2. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Why are you calling it quits during your first year? The year isn't even over yet.

3. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

How much do you want for 36" Scag walkbehind? :waving:

4. Frontier-Lawn

i have/had 8 customers

2- my mother and also my mother-inlaws (still have them)
    1- just died (out $500 month)
    2- old customers just saw the dang exmark commercial and got them one of them
    2- the old lco apologized to them and took them back ( Trever go back the one i just got from lowballing :cry: and gator got back his that they came to me from his over charging)
    1- i still have (i'll cut him thru sept/oct and drop him)

and the estimate i just did on wed called and said i was 2 low at $255 a month. they went with a $600 a month company

5. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry to hear you are pulling the plug. If your heart isn't in it, move on to something you love. Just don't forget that the only way to be successful in anything is to stick with it. Everyone here probably has stories just like yours, I know that I do. I've got many horror stories from the last 10 years. I hope things work out for you.

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

No offense but that's just standard role to me.
    It does suk, I've lost a LOT of customers and had to do a LOT of work dirt-cheap in order to survive (gawd it suk'd baaad) but never once did I think of quitting or that it was over.
    No sir, here in the south we fight and we fight hard. ONLY reason the north won the war is we let them win so they wouldn't feel so bad about getting whooped by a bunch of southern hillbillies.

7. Frontier-Lawn

i am restructuring. maybe to a gedd motto if they cancel send them a bill for $300 for thanks a lot :D and im currently in talks with a guy to trade something of mine for a running 36" wb of his and some cash

8. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

Are you serious about running a business? or, when the tough gets going and then you just throw in the towel. Make up your mind on what you are going to do. I'm done with this thread

9. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

doesn't sound like you have any ambition.

10. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome to the lawn business, in fact, welcome to any business. If it was all fun and money everyone would do it. Not to be harsh but, learn to deal with it or find a regular job. It's not for everyone. Best of luck whatever you decide to do.