And Here Is My New Sign In My Front Yard!!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by bigw, Jan 16, 2008.

1. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

Not looking for people to stop at the house for business,only to get my name and logo into their minds.I live on the busiest 4 way intersection in my town and people have to sit their at the light and look at my sign.

DSCN9791.JPG

DSCN9792.JPG

2. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good ...should get some attention ...you still need to advertise in a traditional manner, but this will help.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Wow! That is NICE! Now, shoot some uplighting on it, and spruce your lawn up a bit (just jabbing), and you will be in for a storm! I love the design with the scroll metal you used....It just fits the theme so well. I see that sign, and the first thing I think of is "Cheers". You almost need in small letters at the bottom saying "est. xxxx".lol Come to think of it, put a cap on your post.:)

4. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

Did you have to get zoning approval?
    Looks real nice, I'm sure you will get some calls from it.
    Will you change it to Lawn care or anything in the summer, once snow removal is done?

5. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

i couldnt disagree more... depending on where you live, looks a busy road, i have more calls from my ugly hand painted sign in front of my house, then all the flyers, mailers, ads in the papers combined. it will be very good advertising, make sure your lawns looks good

6. bigw

Is 10,000 post cards, 2,000 flyers and an add in the local paper considerd "Traditional" lol not to mention the lettering on my truck and trailer.

7. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

YEP ! That's a good start and probably enough to help get your season started off great.

8. bigw

it says lawn care now,i will leave it the way it is.The snow plowing just stands out but when you really look at it you see it says lawn care! yes i had to get a permit which was 25$ and because i am in a residential area it had to be no bigger then 18x24

9. bigw

LMAO i know i have to get my lawn and beds A-1

10. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

If it isn't too expensive, you might consider making another to reflect different services, and switch them out different times of year. Maybe you cant b/c of Zoning?. I've had good luck with different door magnets I had made, one set says 'lawnmowing', one 'leaf cleanups', another 'Hedge trimming'. I've had really good luck, putting them on at the prime time for each service, when it is fresh in customers' mind and they are looking for someone to do that service. Just a suggestion, I still like your sign. :cool2: