And I thought I was too cheap!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by onlythebest, Feb 14, 2011.

1. StihlMechanic

StihlMechanic LawnSite Bronze Member

My minimum is $35 and I better be in and out in 20 mins at that price. My equipment is too expensive to got lower.

2. Robert Pruitt

Robert Pruitt LawnSite Senior Member

I don't think anybody is set up just right.

3. onlythebest

onlythebest LawnSite Senior Member

well not if you don't have a plan as to where you want to be in the next 5 years. if you do you can do everything just right so you end up in that spot in 5 years time.

4. Robert Pruitt

Robert Pruitt LawnSite Senior Member

I had no plan what i would be doing when i was fifteen. i never thought it would be this. it's a pretty good guess that you will be burnt out by the time you are fifty.

5. onlythebest

probably and thats fine because then i will be ready to travel and have fun with the money i worked so hard all my life to make.

6. trooper8870

trooper8870 LawnSite Member

That is the same question I ask about folks year after year after year after year......................................................................

7. RECESSION PROOF MOWING

RECESSION PROOF MOWING LawnSite Senior Member

that's the thing about lowballing...they think they're brilliant businessmen until about two or three years into it and their wife tells 'em he isn't making dick and he better come up with a real job. Then he'll realize that all this time he wasn't really a businessman at all...he was a hobbyist, an amateur, a dupe. He mowed for free.

8. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

If they are, give it 6 months, things change....

9. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

what are you mowing, a condo with a 100 units in it?! 16 lawns in 4 hours is impossible in my area with that setup. how big on average are your lawns? sorry if i missed it somewhere.

10. onlythebest

they range from 300sqft - 12000sqft (big ones take 15 mins of straight mowing) 90% though are right around 3000sqft and take about 8 minutes