1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

And so it has begun....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Mar 17, 2005.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Filled up the truck yesterday at $2.17, didn't seem like a big deal to me. Today drove by the same gas station, up to $2.25. And so it has begun.....
  2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We're lucky. Still under 2 bucks here in NJ...diesel isn't though. Big announcement tomorrow Troy???
  3. tiedeman

from earth

a buddy of mine and I was talking the other day about how this county has the 4th highest unemployment rates in the state, 11.5%, yet we have the second highest gas prices in the state.
  4. FL&G

FL&G LawnSite Member
    from R.I.

Paid $2.17 today Diesel is at $2.63!!!!
  5. tiedeman

from earth

you bet. I still haven't made up my mind yet :dizzy: :cry: :rolleyes:
  6. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

on march 1 middle grade was $1.96 yesterday $2.15 , just had to have that hemi great !!!!
  7. AEW

AEW LawnSite Member

Regular jumped up 20 cents to 1.99 and has been holding steady for the last week...I wonder how much longer before it jumps again?
  8. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

paid 1.89 last night. woohoo!
  9. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Just about every outhouse prognosticator in the media said that we went to war to steal the Iraqi oil. If so, wheres my cheap gas?
  10. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

It will probably be at $3.00 by Summer. Then the economy will be in the toilet!