1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

And the Drama begins, give me your input!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Craftybigdog, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys heres the deal. I buy all my stuff thru Southern States. I spent about 13000.00 with them last year. Everything from aerators, fertilizer, speed zone alot of grass seed. In turn anyone that came in and needed work done they would call me or refer me. Heres the kicker, I stoped in today and saw they had some equipment out and come to find out they have started fertilizing and seeding yards. So what would you do in this case. My gut feeling is why buy stuff from now my competition. Im not gonna help them out. I know they can fertilize cheaper than I can, they get it at cost and I dont even know if the guy doing it was Lisc. Man it really discusts me. Thanks for listening. Oh yeah how are Lescos fertilizers?
  2. Teiman

Teiman LawnSite Member

Most businesses are very careful not to
    compete with their customers. Its business 101.

Either the Management is unsophisticated or
    has made the decision that they will take their
    chances with your business. Bad decision.
    I worked for a company that did the same thing
    (different industry) and they never made it past mediocrity

You might want to contact their seed source.
    They might be jeopardizing their distributorship. (breaking the rules)
    See if they will sell it to you direct or give them a markup.
  3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

The keyword there is most. Then there are some companies that pretend to help you out cause your their "customer" but really they are just trying to get info from the competitor.

I would find a new supplier.