And the season is done....I think

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Nov 17, 2005.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Well, just got back from doing snow removal and salting this morning. The snow actually stayed too. Received about an inch of snow, with 1 1/2 to 2" drifting in some areas.

I have to say, if this stays for the next week, my season is over I think. So much for getting those fall clean ups done

2. yrdandgardenhandyman

yrdandgardenhandyman LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Same thing here. Unfortunately a lot of my customers wanted me to wait till this week to cleanup as the trees still have some of their leaves. If it warms up like it's supposed to, those cleanups are going to cost more. 7 degrees F right now. Too early for this crap and I lost almost the whole week.:angry:

3. tiedeman

from earth

Same with me, Monday was really my only day that I worked this week. Tuesday I couldn't work because of the rain, and yesterday I did 3 jobs (easy jobs, about 3 1/2 hours of work) in the pouring rain/sleet/snow. I was hoping in getting most of the clean ups done this week, but doesn't look like I will be working today and maybe not tomorrow.

4. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Is that good or bad.
    I still will have to cut a few more times (Charlotte) and than will get to be able to work on landscape projects that have been waiting.
    I am actually looking to hire another person to make sure I get done in time for spring fert season.
    Hoping for a break at Christmas so we can run down to Fla.

5. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Snow?? What is that?:D Last time we had snow on the ground here was back around 69 or 70.

6. Bay de Noc Lawn Car

Bay de Noc Lawn Car LawnSite Member

I am done. 20'' on the ground here.:sleeping:

7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I have 6 jobs waiting which should be a day or two of work. We have snow on the ground but it going to melt by next week. I think I will be lucky this year and get them done. If not there is more money to be made in the spring.

8. The mayor

The mayor LawnSite Senior Member

I am done for the season. Woke up this morning and it was 9 degrees outside.

9. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

We don't get much snow here.

10. tiedeman

from earth

Are you up in the U.P.