and then an ambulance showed up !

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by befnme, Apr 5, 2006.

1. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

so my guys and myself were doing 2 quadpelex's this morninng and when i rounded the corner on the mower i saw an ambulance pull up with light goin and all . then i thought well, do i stop working and keep it quiet during this visit or do i keep em workin and give the cold shoulder ? i decided to keep em workin just out of sight of and away from the door where it was going down . i guess i took money over respect . but you cant stop workin everytime something happens around you ,right ?
  2. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

if everyone stopped workin everytime something happened, NOTHING would ever get done. IMO, you did what was necessary.
  3. 2004F550

2004F550 LawnSite Senior Member

maybe if it was really serious, but it doesn't sound like it was
  4. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess it depends on whether it appeared that they needed YOUR help or not. Sometimes the best way to help is to stay the heck out of the way.
  5. Rev. Crabgrass

Rev. Crabgrass LawnSite Member

I would have done the same.

6. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I'd say there is nothing wrong with what you did and in fact you were very thoughtful.

GEO :)
  7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Keep doing what you are doing and don't interfer with what they are doing! They paramedics got their job done and you got your job done. Seems like a win-win situation. A weird one though.
  8. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

You did the right thing.
    If it was a small front yard and you would be a hinderence of any type, I could see stopping and getting out of the way, but discribed as you did it sounds like you were able to work without being any problem to the EMTs
    Good job!!:clapping: :clapping: :weightlifter:
  9. northeastpropertymgmt

northeastpropertymgmt LawnSite Member

you did the right thing just stay out of there way if it was a small yard as said eairyler then u might wont to stop.

FIREMAN Q LawnSite Senior Member

Being a fireman and going to EMS calls I can say you did the right thing. Chances are unless you were mowing next to the ambulance or near the door they were going into, they probably didn't even pay much attention to the fact you were there other than the fact they saw you when they pulled up. They have a job to do and so do you.

You did the right thing by staying away from them and continuing your work.