And They Wonder Why We Don't Support Their Bond Measures???

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by PurpHaze, Jul 6, 2006.

1. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Our superintendent, assistant superintendents and administrators can't even control the contractors (this one was an asphalt contractor) that come onto sites let alone make them fix their screw-ups. Money is SO wasted that I'm not about to support their bid for millions more. :dizzy:

Veva Blunt Asphalt Contractor Damage IV-01.jpg

Veva Blunt Asphalt Contractor Damage IV-02.jpg

Veva Blunt Asphalt Contractor Damage IV-03.jpg

Veva Blunt Asphalt Contractor Damage IV-04.jpg

Veva Blunt Asphalt Contractor Damage IV-05.jpg

2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

[​IMG]

That must be the #37 nozzle.

3. PurpHaze

LOL... Actually it's a 1/2" swing joint with the top two Marlex missing.

4. Once again when I have a bad service call I will think of you...

5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Job Security

6. PurpHaze

Sure... but what about the other sites seeking our service and we've had to put them off for a day and a half while we fixed a major FU that could have been avoided? And what about the unnecessary expenditure of money ($600 in this case... only for parts) to fix everything? The "job security" tag is unrealistic as there is ALWAYS something to do along the lines of other routine repairs and system improvements.*trucewhiteflag*

(Just HAD to use the new truce flag since I was one of those suggesting it.)

7. Your on a good point, but you forgot the fact that a lot of government contracts(consider school district work government work) require prevailing wages of what ever industry is paying there workers. That's the biggest problem and waste of money.

By the way, going off subject, did you read or hear about the L.C. out of Santa Barbra? I'm sure you're aware of some of the work force issue here in Ca. Story was about how she couldn't find any workers with a Ca driver License. The job paid $34 an hour which is the current state prevailing wage.

I can say around here in the S.F. area, that most landscape and maintenance companies pay no more than 20 an hour. After that, it's salary pay.

8. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Do you have as-builts to all these systems?

9. PurpHaze

Prevailing wage brings up another story. One time we were putting in a new system around some new buildings and they contracted out to a local LameScape company to plant trees and grass behind us. It was a Friday afternoon, very hot and we were at a natural stopping point so we decided to sit in a nice shady area and build swing joints for the next week's work. These guys installing trees were using pick and shovel and getting nowhere fast because of the amount of required compaction around school buildings. We offered to let them use our jack hammer that would have made easy work of digging the hole and were told, "No thanks. We're getting prevailing wage on this job and want it to take as long as possible."

10. PurpHaze

As-builts??? One of my biggest gripes is that we don't get them and they're required right in the contract. :dizzy: