And this is why there are license requirements

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Classified, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Classified

Classified LawnSite Senior Member

So I had a customer ask me to fertilize, ok no problem. I quoted her and I get the usual "Oh this other guy is also cheaper" and then I reply with my usual "Great! give him a call back, I am unable to work for any less". I always love that response that I get back from customers. I had to try not to laugh its so funny. Anyway it normally ends up in a sale with me anyway but this time this weekly mowing customer of mine said OK I call him. So I show up to mow 2 weeks later after my last visit and this is what I came to mow. Looks like he wasnt so cheap after all! That is once you fix your fried green grass!

Just thought id share because of how bad it is.

IMG00193.jpg

IMG00194.jpg

IMG00195.jpg

2. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

What did he use to spread it? A shovel?

3. Firefighter337

Firefighter337 LawnSite Senior Member

Spread it with a bucket?

4. Classified

Classified LawnSite Senior Member

I wish I would have proof read what I said. It looks like im speaking another language. I just got home from a really long day so I appologize for the jibberesh.

And I have no clue what they used to spread that. I was trying to figure that out myself.

5. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

I like how he tried to minimize damage by cleaning up that 2 ft around 3 inch deep spot of fert:laugh::cry::laugh: I guess he thought if a little does good, a lot will do great! Either that or he got a "Booty Call" on his cell phone and forgot to turn the spreader off.:hammerhead:

6. tlg

tlg LawnSite Senior Member

Some days the Lawn God's get even with those that only look at price. This was one of those days. :)

7. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

My neighbor's wife got a hair up her butt once and decided that her husband was taking to long to put down the fert. So she put the fert down herself. Looked just like your pics. 2 years later you can still see the burn marks. Looks like she got to the end of the pass and spun the spreader around in one spot. There are little half circle burn marks everywhere. Oh, the things people think they can do themselves.

8. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

so now what does your customer have to say?

9. bug-guy

bug-guy LawnSite Senior Member

hey come on guy's your not being fair. we all know any body with a spreader can do fertilizing just like all the guy's who buy a lawn mower and cut grass on the side. come on now it's now rocket surgery or brain science now!

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

LOL! really! Well,...ONE good thing about this scenario,....this woman definitely got everything she paid for.