And to my LCO I leave..........

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNS AND MOWER, May 13, 2002.

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Just curious if any of ya'll have been remembered in the wills of your deceased customers? I have 2 wealthy widowers who are each worth a gazillion $$$$ and have no children. Who better to give all that money to than their dependable LCO.

2. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

I was left a five-figure amount by one of my customers a couple years back.

I had been promised a customers 91 superduty dumptruck but when he died his widow "conveniently" lost all copies of the will so she ended up selling it instead.
  3. I feel fortunate if the last bill gets paid.
  4. Dennis E.

Dennis E. LawnSite Senior Member

I have some older widows that I have had for years and years. I never thought about the possibility of being remembered in a will.
    I'm not that fortunate.
    Something new to think about though!
  5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

a buddy of mine, who owns a landscape company mowed this old womens home. she had no family, and on occasion he would do some odds and ends for her. She passed away and left him the house, and 3 acres of land. so you never know what those little extras will get you.
  6. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I guess you should kinda be extra nice to these type of people... you may get lucky! Not had this happen yet. None of my customers have died, fortunately.
  7. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i once knew a man who just spent some time with this elderly lady. just keeping her company. she left him 81 acres of what later became prime realestate off
    74 in monroe say the least earl didnt worry for money after that.

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

I´m sure laws will vary from state to state, but in NC, wills are public record. Might be worth looking into to get your paws on that dumptruck.

9. Bob Shoaff

Bob Shoaff LawnSite Member

I have a good friend who used to take a meal down and talk with this old guy daily in his neighborhood. The guy lived in a shack and wore rags. He ended up dying and left my friend his money and stocks worth over 8 million dollars. The guy was paranoid about spending money and saved it all and invested in his lifetime. I need luck like that!!!
  10. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Never judge a book by it's cover huh!:rolleyes:

I could stand some of that right now.