Lawn Care Forum banner

And we are off....

16K views 50 replies 14 participants last post by  Landscape Poet 
#1 Ā·
With the rains that hit most of Florida yesterday afternoon and today.......things will start going crazy very very soon. Hold on tight the next few months, good luck to all on a successful year and remember only about 6 months to go before EOW:)

#8 Ā·
I had two good weeks last week and the week before. But cool weather, grass slow growing and rained out Wednesday and Thursday has slowed it down. Just waiting today for things to dry up a little.
Posted via Mobile Device

#11 Ā·
We haven't gotten enough to amount to anything. Maybe a half inch in three days.
You have missed out. We have had a fair amount of moisture here. The soil temps are responding and the turf will be gaining its strength I would think.

#12 Ā·
I've already picked up nicely. Did some good extras yesterday, a full day of pruning guavas today, some install work next week and 4 lawn renovation jobs coming up.
Posted via Mobile Device
Year vs Year I am not were I need to be vs last March, but to say the temps were different would be a understatement. The last couple of weeks have brought in several smaller landscape installs and with the cooler weather I have been able to forgo some properties on mowing saving me money on labor cost that would of been normally spent on maintenance, that I could not shift to install without OT cost. I have picked up three decent maintenance accounts which is nice for the reoccuring revenue side.
I have a feeling that this year, April is going to equal March of last year. It has just been a funny winter to say the least.

#13 Ā·
Funny winter! I was busy with installs Jan & Feb when normally We are slow. March was a terrible month. 19 proposals and no's on all of them. April 1st the phone rang off the hook all day I thought it was April fools. Did a nice install this week from a April fools call. I firmly believe that the cooler it is in Florida the less people want work done to their yard. From trees to grass.

I spent all day working on equipment. Getting ready for weekly service. We have the start of weekly service "open" in our contract some years it is April 1st some it maybe May. Since we did not get that much rain we will see.

#17 Ā·
Temps pushing 90 here today and thunderstorms all over the place early this evening. Here we go :walking:
Zturn

You made the statement to me this was the warmest winter and coldest spring. I guess we need to add this is the wettest spring so far. We had quite the Thunderstorm blow through around 6 PM. It not only knock over container plants but blew them into the Neighbor's yard.

#19 Ā·
+ 5 maintenance accounts this week, a small clean up, small landscape installation, lifted 30 some heads for a client, thinned a two smaller oaks, sold a 900 square foot sod installation, a 2K installation and a 1250 square installation, proposed one 6K and one 4K sod installation.....things are warming up and all hell is getting ready to break loose the next three to four weeks would be my guess with everyone wanting everything NOW. Better not sleep or you will miss the $

#20 Ā·
You ain't kidding about the NOW part. It seems like everybody that called wanted to know how soon could it be gotten to. I'm going to have to get a couple laborers. The cleanups have been huge. Lots of foreclosures coming off the market needing to be put back together again too.
Posted via Mobile Device

#22 Ā·
Picked up two on regular maintenance, one small estate this week, one small sod job, one decent sod job, one landscape job accepted, lots of estimates given this week for sod and landscape installs, say what you will but the economy is on its way back and you damn well better be ready to take advantage, damn Obummer.....making me work more hours than I would like :) . Across the industry , tile, carpet work, pavers, landscape installs, builders, insurance, medical field ...does not matter who I talk too, everyone says things are booming.

#24 Ā·
I am slammed :cool2:
There is not out of the control spending but thing are much better than they have been for several years. Good to hear things are going well for you too.

#26 Ā·
Same here, picking up lots of additional yearly customers, business is good!
Posted via Mobile Device

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.