1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

And We're off!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turfguy33, Mar 24, 2001.

1. turfguy33

turfguy33 LawnSite Member

Ahhhhh, smell that, there's nothing like the smell of fresh cut grass in the morning,......smells kinda like................MONEY!!!!!!!!
    Seriously, I finally was able to use my new Gator Magnum blades........They are awsome....I haven't used any single blade like them, grass was about 5 inches and this morning was wet with dew, and I still ran through it not leaving even a small clump. I was very impressed.......I decided to buy them, just to give them a shot, the dealer said they are 25% thicker and have a 40% higher lift. You can really tell the difference with the amount of air flow under the deck with the magnum's.......Try them out yourselves, You won''t be disappointed...
    Ohio Valley Lawn
  2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Can't wait to try the new Magnums. I ordered 9 blades from Landscaoers Supply, but their still on back-order.
  3. Bassman

Bassman LawnSite Senior Member

Glad you are "pumped" with your new blades.
    I'm using "standard issue" mulch blades on my Lazer Z. Have no complaints and neither do my customers.
    There are probably more posts on this board regarding double blades, various blades than any other.
    Bottom line is whatever floats your boat, gives a superior cut and keeps the paying customer happy.
    Whatever blade your using, keep em sharp and best of luck to you this season.
  4. skyphoto

skyphoto LawnSite Member

I bet some of those boys up north have still got piles of snow!!! Guess ya could try those blades out to spread those snow piles!!!

5. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Still snow here esp the north side of the properties...

maybe more on the way Thu or Fri of next week, :(
  6. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

We're in the middle of a snow storm with roads closed. Crazy weather, last week we were playing outside in the sunshine.
  7. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

We got 14" of snow on friday along with 4" of rain! we are at over 140" of snowfall this year and we are way behind on getting new summer accounts due to so much plowing!! send some sunshine up here guys!!!