And who says I need a new truck? (pics)

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by stuffdeer, Jul 31, 2006.

1. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, Just got done with this clean-up and figured I'd show you guys the loaded truck.

Pic 1:

[​IMG]

Pic 2:

Truck
    [​IMG]

Pic 3:

My new roto tiller!

[​IMG]

2. DodgeTruckMan731

DodgeTruckMan731 LawnSite Senior Member

nice, that trailer dosent look to safe tho

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

put a real hitch on that truck!!!!

4. DodgeTruckMan731

DodgeTruckMan731 LawnSite Senior Member

i didnt even notice that, yes mike you need a new hitch

5. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

I would get a new hitch..and the trailer sure doesnt look interstate worthy at all!

6. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

No, I'm picking up my 5x10 tomorrow...Believe it or not, that trailer has probably made over 20 trips of over 300 miles each.

I do need a new hitch, but the bumper is fine for now.

7. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

No the bumper deal is not fine:hammerhead: Im not trying to be a ass but guys like you is why are dot laws are a pain. Get a class 5 receiver and put a pintle on, it might save yours and some one elses life.
    Mike

8. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Your going to rip that bumper right off.

I pulled a 7x16ft trailer with a 50" dixie, 48" exmark with a little reg cab 2wd v6 dakota and used that thing on the bumper, I twisted the bumper all up and went through brakes like no tomorrow, It was one of the STUPIDEST things I've done, However that was 2 years ago thankfully no one got hurt, and I have a bigger truck now and bigger trailer...

But spend the $100 to get the hitch rather than spending $100,000 in damages because of an accident.

9. notoriousDUG

notoriousDUG LawnSite Member

But it is not now we are worried about, it is the when.

A bumper hitch like that loaded like that WILL fail, it is a when not an if.

And if you have your saftey chains hooked to the bumper and not the frame you can say goodbye trailer, hello increased insurance and big safety tickets. There is also a good chance that your insurance will not cover it if you are found to have been carrying an unsafe load.

Of course this assumes you have proper biz insurane and are not one of the scary folk out there expecting their normal auto insurance to cover them while using there vehicle in a commercial manner.

Never mind how hillrod that looks rolling down the road, I would never hire anyone who had a rig like that to do work for me.

10. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

and why isn't your truck lettered? are you a hack or what?