And why are homeowners allowed to do their own lawn?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grandview (2006), Apr 10, 2012.

1. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

How do you know the homeowner did it? LOL

2. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

I saw this the other day.

lawn.jpg

3. reminds me of the the old Italians that insisted on using pure ammonia sulphate on their lawns, 2 things would happen, there lawn would dry out since in a 7 day period during springs natural spurt growth the lawn grew 3 ft tall and our highest setting for mowers is 3 inches, grass would yellow and dry because of sun and then of course, they would spread by hand so you would get burn spots such as the pics

4. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

Hummmm...........sono vecchio italiano! (I'm an old italian). No harm.

5. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

Why?? Because we live in America and last I checked (at least for now) we have the freedom to kill our own grass if we choose too. Goes right along with a bad paint paint job, crooked fence, plastic pink flamingos, and a smart car in the driveway. All ugly but all "nunya" business.

6. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

This is true ,in that case ,why should I have to pay 1200.00 for a business license each year to spray lawns. Either they get one too or I shouldn't have to pay to burn a lawn also!

7. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Grandview

Sunlight would do you a world of good.

8. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Give me a job down there!

9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Grandview

ROFLMAO Thanks for the laugh.

10. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

Have you ever changed a faucet in your house, un clogged a drain, painted your house, fixed a fence? Do you have a plumbing lis. Are you a painting contractor, a general contractor,? Ever given someone in your family any medicine? Do you have a medical lis? Maybe you get my point now? To do anything to your own property is completely different than doing things for hire, the government isn't there to protect us from our selves but to protect people from other people. Ever tell someone to fight a speeding ticket? Have you paid the money to become a lawyer?