and yet...another page on my contract for next season

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Nov 8, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

my friends, this is why you need contracts that cover every little thing. today we are aerating/seeding/ferting. mrs smith was notified on thursday, that we will be by today. ok, fine. i show up, the place has a 3" blanket of leaves and limbs everywhere. i knock on the door, she aint home. i need at least $85 to clean this crap up, before we proceed, but, she aint home. i could either clean it, and hope she pays, or make my trip there a wasted one, suck up the loss, and go to the next one. now what? tell me? do u clean the place, and hope she pays? well, i drove off, never to be seen again. screw er. this definitely must go into the contract next season: customer will be notified 4 days in advance of any aeration work. client must have all debris off of lawn by the day before of the scheduled service day. should we arrive, and find that lawn needs to be cleaned first, such service will be completed, at our standard rates, without prior consent from client. client agrees to pay said fee. " sign here!!!!

2. justgeorge

justgeorge LawnSite Senior Member

and when you gave her 5 days notice (or 6 depending on how you count it) did you tell her at that time the lawn needed to be clear????

3. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Bobby the only problem is can you remember your own rules, what happens when you don't follow your rcontract word for word

4. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

place has a 3" blanket of leaves and limbs everywhere. i knock on the door, she aint home. i need at least $85 to clean this crap up, A 3" blanket of leaves and you are only charging 85

5. Justcutitshort

Justcutitshort LawnSite Member

Yeah man!!! the answer is simple/ lack of instructions on the part of the LCO
    or #Bill em Dano# for the extra work........ ain't life so simple and grand
    im outahere more leafs to mulch

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Screw the 85 bucks. Why are you aerating and seeding with leaves coming down as they are now?

7. bobbygedd

from NJ

george, have u ever used the bathroom, at a friends house? i'm assuming the answer is yes. well, did you pee on the floor? if you didn't, why not?

8. bobbygedd

from NJ

well on some lawns, there are no trees, this isn't a problem. but u r correct about this one lawn, i told her i don't want to aerate, but she insisted. oh well, it's her dough. i had 3 occurences of bullcrap involving aerations over the last few days. #1- sprinkler heads weren't marked. #2- this incident concerning the leaves. and #3 - (today actually), i leave my man to thatch, aerate, seed + fert, while i run out and get some mealworms (bait for fishin this evening) and spool up the reels with some fresh 6lb test. i go back to get him, and he's layin on the lawn, all done apparently for some time. i said all done? he said the customer came out, and told him to only do one side of the house, and not the other, so, the estimated time of around 2 hrs, turned into 45 min, and my man was sitting there for over an hour. i told the client, you ARE PAYING the original quote. what horsecrap. they'll drive you broke....but only if u let em

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

And I personally would have said, "keep it".

10. Justcutitshort

Justcutitshort LawnSite Member

you must actualy have a good business rodfather
    you know when to walk away.
    were you ever a carsalesman? (he he he)