1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

And you think i am crazy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by VanceTrendov, Dec 26, 2004.

1. VanceTrendov

VanceTrendov LawnSite Member

I am planning my fleet of mowers for next season and want a couple of good 21'' movers that have a gallon or more gas tank. Has anyone fitted a toro, or any common residential 21'' mower with a larger gas tank?

I know it can be done.

I just would rather have 4 residentials(toro) then 1 commerical (exmark). If they all had 1 gallon tanks.

Vance Trendov
  2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

vance--you are calling some push mowers a "fleet"?

GEO :confused:
  3. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

why is large fuel tanks more important than the quality of the rest of the machine?
  4. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

The Toro homeowner models won't hold up to serious use. The personal pace is really designed for once a week action. I would go with the Exmark or Toro commercial models. I sell all those models above, the Exmark gets my vote.
  5. VanceTrendov

My fleet is going to have:

38” Walk Behind
    Large Z turn (70”) most likely Exmark

I understand that the Toro won’t hold up to hard use but I figure that having 2 will make me more efficient and when I start having large problems with the mower I will get a professional proline or exmark metro. Maybe I am wrong but I figure that they are going to get much use, and some of the time they need to be used it will probley be because of a small gate, and both of use will be on the 21's. Last year I had about 10 lots (I started late in the season June) and this year I am shooting for 30. It’s important to have nice equipment but I always think where is the best way to spend my money. Make this comparison.

Residential 21”
    Good used WB 36-38”
    About $2300

Or 2 comerical 21”
    About $2000

I sold most of the stuff I had last year…tractor. But I still have my echo trimmers.

I just don’t see the need to having many nice comerical 21’s around, and one of the things that I hate spending time doing is changing gas on the mowers….it wastes my time(I always end up spilling). Thats why i asked the question about the tank.

Vance Trendov
  6. geogunn

from TN

vance--do you have any customers?

GEO :confused:
  7. VanceTrendov

1 lot equals 1 customer

10 lot equal 10 customers

geo if you needed help on the math...this post wasnt about customers it was about the gas tank...please help with my questions
  8. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Vance, you need to lighten up. I would guess most or maybe all have never heard of the term lot associated with customer. Where did you pick up that term meaning customer?

You will rarely find a thread that is kept on topic 100% because a question sparks other questions in peoples minds. So relax or you won't get people responding to your questions.
  9. geogunn

from TN

sorry vance--I was looking at the equipment list and not reading the text between the lines too well.

10. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

Try a Exmark 21 Metro w/ bbc and the 6.5 kawi, I have 2 of them and the performed flawless for this whole year.