1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

And you thought your day was bad??

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by turf hokie, Jul 13, 2009.

1. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

I did not want to put this in the "My new Ride" thread, I did not want to be reminded every time I posted in that thread.

Going to take the new truck to get it rhino lined. Get in and the arm rest on the driver seat broke.

It gets better....

Blowing tranny fluid all over the road. Call for the tow truck.

They send a flat bed?? Not sure about this... I tell the driver... if you put it on it's your responsibility, I am not telling you to do it.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  2. turf hokie

WAIT.....it gets better.....

All I can say is I told you so......after it hits a bridge.

3. turf hokie

The truck only has 4200 miles on it and only 200 of them are mine. All of those miles are from driving it to get it lettered and so the rhino lining guy could give me an estimate. Has not seen any work yet.

So how was your Monday??
  4. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

That sucks. I had the box truck on a flatbed once when the alternator went. Luckily the driver knew where he could and couldn't go with power lines and bridges. The route to the mechanic's was a little longer, but the truck arrived with no additional damage.
  5. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

My brother-in-laws A/C went out Sat it was 113. Sun 115, today 115 He lives in an apt. they tell him it will be fixed Wed.:dizzy: I told him to get a hotel and a lawyer.
  6. turf hokie

We did end up going a longer route. But the bridge we hit was on the New York State Thruway. Not exactly a back road....
  7. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

Oh God that sucks!

My Monday was better. Sorry.
  8. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

that sucks i feel for u--
    but trust me that it happens to all of us

back in 04, i had just got a new enclosed trailer, and i was in my 1st week of using
    it after gettin it all lettered and setup etc...i was stopped at red light in a line of
    traffic, i hear this loud screaching sound, some jackazz just walked outa the bar jumped in his rig and floored it out the parking lot, only he forgot to turn and went right into my new trailer. The idiot even had his two kids in the back seat, i almost beat him sensless.
    anyway, serious damage, insurance refused to replace trailer, they sent it back to the manufacturer in ME and i got it back 2 months later. the insurance company paid out more in the end than i had paid for it all brand new in the beginning?
    i was steamed, but they made my trailer just as new

hope things are taken care of swiftly 4 you
  9. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

That sucks... but I laid 2k of sod today by myself on my own dime to repair a lawn I smoked... got to the site at 7am, left at 9pm, and not done yet. I'd say we both had bad Mondays, eh?
  10. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Ouch! Tomorrow will be better. Can't be worse.