Anderson Pro-pendi

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by VARMIT COMMISSION, Mar 5, 2008.

1. VARMIT COMMISSION

VARMIT COMMISSION LawnSite Senior Member

Why the "H" doesnt Anderson's" fertilizer have a lesco spreader setting on the back of the bag. I bought 30 bags of it and I am so used to $LESCO$ fert. It makes it so easy with the spreader setting on the back of the bag. I have looked at the size of the granular and I think I am going to set it at 15 on my lesco push spreader and give a neighbor a free app. and see how close I am. Anyone already know the answer to this question I'd appreciate it.

2. VARMIT COMMISSION

Ooops--- it is 20-3-4 pro-pendi

3. VARMIT COMMISSION

Im shooting for 10,000 square feet a 50lb bag which would be about 4.75/lb per 1000

4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Spreader calibration. Your spreader manual will cover how to do it right. No fertilizer should be applied soley based on the "suggested setting" on the bag, because it's just that. If you are off, even a tiny bit, in the end it could possibly cost you a lot of money (oops, overapplied the last 30 lawns now I ran out too soon). or in the case of preemergent, you apply it too thin and then don't have the right amount of ai down.

5. wiseguyslawn

wiseguyslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I agree calibate your spreader. Measure out 1000 sq. ft. Use rate over anaylsis. Say you want to put 1lb of N per 1,000 and your using 20-3-4.
    Take 1 divided by .20 = 5lbs. of total product per 1,000. Easiest way ive learned.