Anderson Products

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by wiseguyslawn, Feb 17, 2008.

1. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

Anderson's SGN 215 with an outstanding UI versus SGN 240 with an all over the place UI for most lower quality brands.

Sold 2 1/2 trailers just today.

Pricing is comparable to others until you factor in the reduced call backs for lousy crabgrass control. The Anderson's product looks even better then.

2. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

I asked my local supplier who sells Anderson fertilizer about pricing and quality. It is a very nice fertilizer but it is way more expensive than what I pay at JDL/Lesco. I am talking many dollars a bag for similar products.

3. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

I ran into the same thing. $6-$10/bag more depending on what flavor I got. I went up on my prices but not enough to justify that....

4. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

It sure seems to me that regional pricing is varying widely. For the most comparable products, I can get Anderson's w/ barricade cheaper than the Lesco price here. The Anderson 20-3-10 .287 barricade is cheaper than the Lesco 25-2-5 by $2.50 a bag. (The Anderson is $23.50 a bag with no volume discount)

5. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

Whitey

The supplier did mention that Anderson's with dimension was more reasonable but that the normal fertilizer without control products was much more expensive. Don't ask me why as I really don't know. Let us know if the rest of the Anderson's line is more affordable than Lesco.

6. bglawncommand

bglawncommand LawnSite Member
    from Chicago

We're switching to Anderson's this year, and they back up all of our applications (grubs are a biggie). Price is good, support is good.

7. Jerry Andersen

Jerry Andersen LawnSite Member

rcreech
    we have not got the site done yet. I'm waiting to get decals on my truck so i can put it on the site.
    all kick backs welcome but i'm not related to them if i was i think it would be eaiser to turn a large profit

8. thecompletehome

thecompletehome LawnSite Member

Whitey,

Which 25-2-5 Lesco product are comparing to that price? I was looking for an analysis like that with Barricade from Lesco. I used that analysis with Dimension in the past but I was told Lesco does not make that analysis with Barricade.

9. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Jerry,

I hear ya!

:laugh:

To everyone else,

I wonder why when Lesco/JDL is found to be higher they are crooks and evil and where Andersons and the other are higher, nobody ever talks about it?

I am glad to see how prices are all over the board for everyone!

I ended up checking 3 places on fert prices and THANK GOD my Lesco was cheaper on almost everything!

They were a dollar cheaper then everyone on their Dimension combo.

Anyways.....I think that shows us all the LESCO isn't screwing anyone. It is just regional pricing!

10. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

That Lesco price for the 25-2-5 50% was a pendi pre-M. Lesco's item # 084649. The Dimension is restricted here, I can't use it until I go from tech to applicator next year. I think I'd rather use the Barricade over the pendi anyway.