Anderson Spreader

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by TSM, May 3, 2004.

1. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

ok, tell me where i can get them. I've done an internet search with no luck. used to be a local company that carried them but no longer do and aint sayin where i can go since they now carry earthway spreaders.

Anderson commercial spreader (formerly scotts)
    where??????
    thanks

2. CM3

CM3 LawnSite Member
    from MA

I got mine at Pacific Northwest Seed in Waltham. They were part of RF Morse, but I think they just got bought out by Valley Green.
    7818945909 - Ask for Brian. The spreader is great. One design flaw, I think, is the shield for edging. I have noticed thick perimeter stripes on the lawns that I need to edge, even with the third hole shut off. So now i do not use the sheild.

3. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

CM3, thanks for the info. RF Morse...I hadnt thought of them,(duh) we buy product from them, I'll check them out first.

I have used Anderson spreaders before and know what you mean about the shield. Funny, on Lesco spreaders the shields are not long enough, product always gets thru from behind the shield (a real pain, especially when theres an inground pool)

We have been waiting (3 freakin weeks now) for the little lock washer on lesco spreaders, you know the lock washer that holds the agitator down? I have been on a boycott of lesco products for some time now....but after today (still havent come in!) I'm thru with them altogether. We also have lesco hydro spreaders,,,been waiting for a muffler for one OVER 5 WEEKS!

Anyway, thanks again for the info, its appreciated!

4. sodzilla

sodzilla LawnSite Member

I just my Anderson SR 2000 today. I ordered it a while back but it was on back order. I thought that the shield and 3rd hole thing was great but after reading that I'm nor sure.