Andersons Fertilizer

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by ted putnam, Jan 24, 2008.

1. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

I just got a computer model demo given by an Anderson Fertilizer rep. It looked great. The poymer coated fertizer looked like some quality material. I was wondering who has used the Andersons lines and how they compare costwise to comparable material from Lesco? Thanks
  2. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

I just started last year and I used Anderson's for the season with good results. I got it from John Deere Landscapes. They were far cheaper than Lesco for me in smaller quantities.
  3. quiet

quiet LawnSite Senior Member

Andersons is very good. Far better than Lesco. Andersons' MUTech is a very good product. But I'd like to see less urea and more ammonium sulfate in their (and everyone else's) blends for the fast release component. Also look at Lebanon and United Agri Products fertilizers. I'd rank Andersons' just behind those two.

But consider moving up into the pricier ferts with methylene urea or IBDU. Once you get out of the urea+SCU arena, and move into ammonium sulfate+MU or IBDU blends, you won't go back. Go from "good" to "breathtaking"!
  4. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

I've been trying for the longest time to find something on Anderson's with pre-emergent. They may not even make it but not sure. Any help or direct contact would be wonderful. Thanks, Roy
  5. ted putnam

I have their 2008 product lineup sitting in front of me. They do have Fertilizers combo'd with Dimension, barricade and pendi. The rep I met with Bob Eichenberg. Central Region Sales Manager.(405)753-9931 office. (817)235-9036 cell. Hope this helps
  6. ted putnam

Thanks quiet,
    I found a UAP location not too far from here. I plan to give them a call, see what they have, and possibly drive to their location today. From what you've said, what they offer may be what I need to have the "edge" over my competition. Everyone at the seminar was looking for cheaper. I'm thinking maybe the answer is in the other direction.
  7. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

A big problem for most centipede people is that they apply too much N. Centipede does best with 1/2lb/K. In order to get enough pre-em on it requires either a fertilizer with high pre-em or apply pre-em alone and then your fertilizer, which is what I've had to do for best results. Lesco's fertilizer is not high enough in Dimension to effective control the weeds. There is a great products XL-2G that works well but is a stand alone application. The Lesco 15-0-15 fert is OK but does have a lot of fine in it that does not cover smoothly nor consistantly.
    I wrote Anderson's and will call.
    Thanks again,