Angie's list request

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by JFGLN, Nov 7, 2013.

1. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

Got this from Angie's list today. Man this company is annoying.

"Angie’s List is now requiring background checks for all advertisers. Also, to be eligible for the Super Service Award, you must have a current, passed background check on file. Please review and sign the attached document to authorize Angie’s List to run a background check."

2. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I use Word of Mouth list, just be honest and do quality work and you will get all the work you can handle. No background check, it has been by far my main supply of new work over anything else in 22 years of being in business. Just picked up a new customer this week.

3. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

I do get jobs referrals from Angie's list. Someone called last week and wanted her leaves cleaned up and removed. She said just do it no bid required based on my reviews on Angie's list.

4. TheLugNutZ

TheLugNutZ LawnSite Senior Member

what is the cost to be on angie's list?

5. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

use to be nothing. The people who use it pay for it.

6. TheLugNutZ

oh, so to be on there as a business, there is no cost? thats cool. Yeah i know it costs money as a user now, which kind of sucks.

7. JCLawn and more

from MI

correct and you get your own user account as well when you do it.

8. TheLugNutZ

When the time comes, Ill have to sign up. I dont really have a problem with the backround check i guess. Seems a little intrusive though. But if it give a higher-end client piece of mind, im all for it.

My who plan for starting out is to target higher-end home. Quality over quantity, esp since ill be starting out part time for the 1st year or 2..

9. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

Yes, Angie's List does deliver high income clients. And I agree the background check is annoying, but as lead generation sites proliferate AL has to keep their reputation as the way to find top notch contractors. Redbeacon requires this now too.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. JCLawn and more

from MI

Homeadvisor/servicemagic is the same also. They actually guarantee your work you do.
    Posted via Mobile Device