angry customer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rodzilla94, Oct 31, 2004.

1. rodzilla94

rodzilla94 LawnSite Member

well i just started last year in the biz. but i have a situation. the other day they called me (60 year old couple) wanting to price there yard . well the time i was at home i created a 12 month contract for 2005 this will be the first year I'm doing this, but anyway i quoted the yard $50 bucks its about 1/2 acre he agreed to sign the contract i stated it will start end of march or beginning of April he said OK i have a comments section and i wrote that down he wanted the basic cut,trim, blow package. so i explained to him every thing on the contract but he wanted to cut the yard now he said. so i said I'm not set up to do leaf clean ups( the yard had about 50 percent coverage on the front yard (the reason i did't do the leaves I'm still learning to estimate time on leaf removal) so he told me to cut the grass for now and just mulch the leaves so i did i got a call from him he was mad he told me that i should went around the flower beds and cleaned the leaves off them i tried to tell him that he did't want to pay extra for my time so he told me to rip up the contract i told him that was fine but again I tried to tell him that that he agreed only on the Basic package and it took 1 1/2 hours to mulch the leaves and mow he told me that he will see me in court so should i sweat this or say he is just blowing out of his a** remember I'm new to the lawn biz. so tell me what i should do......thanks guys p.s i also wrote down that the contract will start in march or April and he told me that he did not want to pay extra for the leaves.

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Let it go...he will go away. I din't understand how or why you're "not equipped" for leaves, though. I would have have sold a cleanup to him. It sounds as if he may have been a good customer...he just needed someone who is able to deliver.

3. rodzilla94

rodzilla94 LawnSite Member

well i was going to do it anyway but he told me that he was not going to pay for the clean up i tried to convince him but no luck i was going to charge him $50 more for it but he plainly refused i thought it was a good price for about a hour worth of work but he said it was to high he said he would not give me a dime