anniversary edition Dixie chopper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KillerShark, Apr 2, 2001.

1. KillerShark

KillerShark LawnSite Member

Does anyone have any comments on the Dixie Chopper anniversary edition? It supposed to be just out this year only. They only made so many... ya-da ya-da ya-da. It comes with a 17hp Kohler, seems a bit small. But the deck is fabbed, which is nice. Everything else seems pretty beefy on it though. The price around here is $5000. Anyone got one?

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

The only anniversary edition I know of is the Millennium Edition which has the Kohler 23 hp liquid cooled with a 60" deck, but it is a lot more than $5000. I think what you are talking about is the Estate. Does it have a Red frame? From what I heard it does a great job of striping and it has the same hydro system in it as the top of the line Choppers have. It just doesn't have all the bells and whistles. This model comes with a 17 hp Kohler or 19 hp Kawasaki or 20 hp Kohler from what the brochure said. I have had 2 Choppers with the 20 hp Kohlers on a 60" deck and it handled it OK, but more HP is always nice. I would think you are talking about a 50" deck with only a 17 HP engine on it.

Maybe you can give us some more information on this. $5000 is a good price for a Chopper. :)

[Edited by Eric ELM on 04-03-2001 at 09:58 AM]

3. KillerShark

KillerShark LawnSite Member

It does have the red frame. A buddy of mine bought one. It does have the 50" fabbed deck, no fenders, only one gas tank, etc. It's hydro system looked pretty beefed up, the only thing I didn't like was the 17hp Kohler, it looked like the kohler engine on the lawn tractors at Sears or Lowes. (home duty) I wasn't aware you could get anything except this engine. And they are moving VERY fast from the dealers. If I find out anything else I'll pass it along.

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I did see one of the Estates and noticed it had only one gas tank on it. All you need to do is get a second tank for it to double the amount of gas on board. The hole is already there with a plug in it for the tank.

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Still seems like a lot of money for a strippo model. As a homeowner, they would be better off picking up a used full on ZTR with a couple hundred hours for $3000. It would still last them a lifetime, and would have all the goodies. If DC wants to enter the homeowner market, they need to stay under $3000.