Announce first

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bajabodin, Jun 24, 2008.

1. bajabodin

bajabodin LawnSite Member

I was wondering how many, if any, of you guys announce, (knock on the door), to your clients when you arrive to start a job. Yes, I know they will figure it out once they hear the equipment going and then look out the window, but I was just wondering…

I am sure for commercial it is different because you may need to go in and speak with the manager/owner of the place you are about to cut, but I am asking about residential.

Thanks and happy cutting…

2. Horsepower Lawns

Horsepower Lawns LawnSite Member

Started a new lawn today.
    I didn't go near the door till I was done, to drop off the bill.
    Most people like it when the customer is not home because they may talk for 10-30 min. and get you behind.

3. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

no.........

4. S.A.L.

S.A.L. LawnSite Member
    from NOLA

Only with some of my elderly customers.
    They take 15 minutes to write a check so by that time I'm loaded up and ready to roll.

5. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

HAHA hell no. I dont even tell em what time Im coming. I just show up. get out start the trimmer and edge and trim, then mow and then blow and then load up and then when im done i knock on the door and get my check and leave and on to the next one. why do you ask?

6. MowHouston

MowHouston LawnSite Bronze Member

I always knock on the door on the first service date. Introduce myself. After that I just show up, do my job and leave.

I bill credit cards, no checks, so I'm not worrying about talking to them every time for payment.

7. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

No way. I have great relationships with my clients, which means I'd end up talking more than working each day...

8. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Our schedule is so routine that most of our customers know with in 15 mintutes of what time we will show up. But no we jumped out and on the lawn as fast as we can.

9. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

We are a full service provider and our policy is to try and make contact with the homeowner in the first 10-15 min to see if they have any special requests. That said it is a routine and some of the clients e mail requests and others are waiting when we get there. Most of them are as busy as us so they don't want to spend time with us either. With the exception of a couple but they are time and material clients so if they want to pay to talk I guess we are cheaper than a therapist.

10. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Haha! And probably more effective, too. :laugh: