annoying pop ups

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Trevors Lawn Care, May 3, 2004.

1. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

It has just started happening recently. But is anyone else getting annoying pop-ups on this site now? Each time i go back to the home page there will be a pop-up that you cant exit out of.

Is it cookies on my comp. or is everyone seeing it?

Trevor

2. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

never here......

3. bugspit

bugspit LawnSite Senior Member

4. LynyrdSkynyrd

LynyrdSkynyrd LawnSite Member

Trevor
    You have picked up some spyware somewhere while on the internet.

Shoot me an email at dirthawg@despammed.com and I will send you a detailed listing on how to get rid of it later this afternoon.

You can clean your cookies. But that just gets rid of part of them. You need to dig deeper in order to clean the entire disc drive.

5. DJL

DJL LawnSite Member

buy a program that stops pop-ups. Then your problem is solved.

6. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Do a search for free popup stoppers there is quite and few and they work well.Ad-aware is also good

7. Dixie Cutters

Dixie Cutters LawnSite Member

I reccomend downloading AdWare from www.lavasoftusa.com , running that, and deleting any spyware that it finds. I run that program about once a week and have no problems. I also use the Google toolbar which blocks any popups, but lets you allow popups on certain popups that you need. The website for the Google toolbar is www.toolbar.google.com

-Let me know if you have any questions.

8. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok, I was just seeing if the owner of Lawnsite.com decided to allow them on his site. I had ad-aware but the program bogs down the CPU so much. I got rid of it. Oh well. I will shoot you an email.

I know this is off topic, so the mod. can move this thread, i got the info i needed.

Thanks guys

Trevor

9. poolboy

poolboy LawnSite Silver Member
    from earth

10. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio