annual "take your kids to work" day

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Apr 25, 2006.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

thursday is "take your kids to work" day. the way it works here.....if i send them with a note tommorow, saying they will be attending work with me, they get full credit for the day. they are so excited. we will get up at 6:30, have coffee, do some mulch, bed edging, then the usual= mid morning coctails and popcorn at the local tavern. they can't wait, niether can i. this is what it's all about guys. building memories. will your children, be going to work?

2. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

your a riot!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

if i had kids then yea, ide be bringin em!!lol, but i sure don't have any kids! and since dads takin the day off to work on our new shed then it going to be more like take my parent to work day!! oh yea, i have school vaca all this week!!

4. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

use this time wisely. i had vactaion last week, and i worked a lot of the time. day started at 8:30 and went to 6:00PM, made some good money.

5. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Sounds great, want to make more memory's and have some laughs at the little ones? lock them in a hot car with the windows closed while your enjoying your cocktail plus it saves the cost of paying for there drinks. Nothing like a day with dad on the job :laugh:

6. hillndale

hillndale LawnSite Member
    from Maine

That is awesome Bobby Dread!!!! My daughter went to work with me last week over Easter break. She's a heck of a raker, with a nice blister to prove it. It was good to have her along, but she got bored quick. Got some truck time in reading. She really enjoyed sittin' in the truck in the warm sun reading her book. I approve of that 'cause she ain't gonna work at the local coffe shop when grows up. Dad's the dirt farmer, she's the DR.!!!

hillndale:headphones:

7. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Whats sounds better is leave junior out in the fresh air drinking cocktails ,and instead leave the glass down just enough to ram dads head through it, then roll up the glass and wenge his neck to where his tongue is yapping out,wanting anything other then a cocktail.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

8. My son works with me, I have now been taking my fourteen year old daughter out to work, even bought her, her own personal string trimmer, she was really thrilled, yeah right. Things went good once I explained she was not going to be setting talking on the phone all the time. I might be harsh but she will know what working is all about.

9. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

What a riot.:laugh: :laugh:

Bobby,

Make sure you post how Thursday goes for ya. My son is only 8 months so thats down the road a little bit for me. But I know if my father could have taken me to work with him, when I was young, he would have most likely had a rotten day. So let us know how it goes.

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Mine would probably report me to Family Services for child abuse :laugh: