Annual Training

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by phenomenomm, Dec 10, 2003.

1. phenomenomm

phenomenomm LawnSite Member
    from Ok

Just wondering if anyone is in the national guard? Wanted to start a lawn business next season, but I have a.t. May 15-29. wanted to know if anybody else had this 2 week problem.
  2. jtis

jtis LawnSite Member

I am in a similar situation...any suggestions. I may be able to get my brother to help out but its tough to have him take time off of his full-time job to keep my business going. I guess it is just part of life and serving.
  3. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

talk to another LCO, I know I would be willing to pick up the slack for that situation, the turn them back to ya when your home again.
    USMC Semper Fi
  4. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Interesting situation you find yourself in. I heard the siren call of the military over eighteen years ago and now find myself being drawn from the ranks of a civilian towards uniform service,
    The difference being once I re-new my oath, I won't have anything holding me back - GOD I LOVE THIS COUNTRY OF OURS!
  5. jtis

jtis LawnSite Member

bump, any other experiences with this?
  6. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

Well you have that option or you can talk to your unit and see if you can take a school in winter time.
  7. rcracer

rcracer LawnSite Member

yeah I am seperating from the active duty Air Force in feb. I am joinging the reserves and I am starting my own lawn buisness. I talked to my future supervisor and he said that they would try to work with me to do my 2 weeks a year in the winter time. Might be worth asking about. It makes me a little nervous thinking that all the hard work of getting lawns together and then just like that they could send you away. Its a risk but it is great serving our country!