annual white grubworms already

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by americanlawn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Kirk

I am not joking. IMHO you either are a professional lawn care company that doesn't have Grub Problem because you take care of your customer or you are a hack. It costs me $ 18.00 an acre to prevent grubs. That is less than 41 cent a thousand sq ft for a years prevention. HELLO that isn't a fortune and no one should miss lunch over such a low cost. If your margin is so low that 41 cent makes a difference and you have to sell a separate grub program, then you are not much of a businessman.

Instead of spending a Fortune on TV advertisement trying to replace lost customers, Why not spend a small percent of TV advertisement cost on KEEPING CUSTOMERS.

Business is business no matter which industry. Customers are expensive to acquire but much cheaper to keep.

BTW If I had repeated Grub Problem year after year I sure wouldn't be posting it on the World Wide Web.

2. R & R Yard Designs

R & R Yard Designs LawnSite Senior Member

Ric can you pm me when you can. I would like too ask you something.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Holy crap -- anybody buying what this guy is shoveling? The link below pretty much describes what most (responsible) green industry businesses are now doing (that I am aware of).

http://www.extension.iastate.edu/pme/IPM.html

Ric, it's time you put that bottle away, cuz you make less sense after each post. No need to keep trying to defend yourself, cuz we 'understand'. Plus...if I need you to run my business, I will contact you. Maybe I can feature you as a competitor in my latest TV ad -- now that's an idea. :laugh::laugh:

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

R&R

You can't PM me with your question???

5. R & R Yard Designs

Yea we have damage now but it looks like June bug. What to do, what to do.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

We had one yesterday. A 26,000 s/f irrigated lawn. Most grubs were fully grown, yet a few were not. We wanted to merely treat parts of the lawn, but the pest pressure was so widespread that we ended up applying Dylox to the entire lawn. 3 lbs per K. Just in time before their system was shut down.

7. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Larry,

Can you post a pic of this damage. I would like to see it for comparison.

8. R & R Yard Designs

I have about 100-200 sq ft. Out of 12 acres I don't think it is to bad.
    Posted via Mobile Device