1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Annuals @wholesale?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Guthrie&Co, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

i am looking for a supplier that deals in annuals wholesale. Anyone know where i can find some?
  2. most of the time there in your own backyard.
  3. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

last time i checked i didnt have 16 flats of pansies in my backyard or begonias either
  4. TurfdudeNCSU

TurfdudeNCSU LawnSite Member

I am sure that he means check with a local garden center or landscape supply place in your area. Most of them grow large quanities and sale wholesale. I also suggest to get involved with the landscape association in NC and attend the trade show like the one last weekend in Greensboro, NC. It's one of the best on the east coast. You can find lots of vendors at these shows.
  5. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

There is a huge Greenhouse Wholesaler in Mason WV....I buy from one of their local Distributors because I don't have a safe and secure place to house thousands of flats of flowers.....I try to buy about a hundred at a time, but trying to water every morning is a pita....so I can imagine trying to water about a 1000 flats.....@$8.90 a flat....so I'm sure wholesale is lower then that....Bobs Market is their name, and they are located in Mason, WV....Hope that helps....How many flats are you looking to buy per load?
  6. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Check out (kvbwholesale.com) they have a very good selection and good prices.
  7. Allure

Allure LawnSite Senior Member