1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Another ? about Direct Mail

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Albery's Lawn & Tractor, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

This year has been a very good year for me and I'm looking to expand more this upcoming season. Most of the commercial jobs are taken by larger LCO's so I am trying to decide what the best method for gaining residental work is. I have relied on a few flyers and mainly just word of mouth in the past. Have any of you guys actually used Postcards from someone like vista print? I am hoping to triple my business and add 100-125 accounts. I can send 5000 regular size post cards for around $1,300 but is it, or should I pay $300 more for the larger postcards to help draw more attention. Also can I just have them sent to me with postage on them already, and I just deliver them to homes? So basically how has your expierence been with direct mail compared to other forms?
  2. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

Volume is key and multiple mailings is the key the more they see you the better your results will be. My .02
  3. John Zaprala

John Zaprala LawnSite Senior Member

A lot of direct mailers get thrown out, so yes, volume and year-round advertising is key. Of course there are months you will spend less on advertising than others, but if residents keep seeing your logo/name pop up on a regular basis they associate your logo/name when they think landscaping.
  4. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

repetition x 10