1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

another ad question

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by lawnboyil, Nov 20, 2002.

1. lawnboyil

lawnboyil LawnSite Member

i plan on striking out on my own doing chem aps had my licence for a year now. what do you think there is a higher sucess rate either door hanger or flyers???? i have no chem ap customers cuz i plan to do this to pay my way throught college any sugestion past door hangers or flyers?

2. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Well they say that 1% is average.I think it all depends on the material your passing out 500 well made flyers will get you more business than 1,500 scrub looking flyers.The time of year also means alot.Do a search and you can read about flyers for 2 days.
  3. KLR

KLR LawnSite Member
    from Zone 6

Alex, i would do both. a quality flyer followed, maybe 10 days later?, with door hanger.

then get yourself a reverse phone directory and follow up with a call, again 10 days following door hanger.

the key to advertising is repeat, repeat, repeat......

good luck
  4. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would say send out about 2-3,000 fliers and make them look good quality. So the coustumers see your good quality advertising they will be assured that you so good quality work! - I passed out 110 fliers berfore I got 2 calls good luck.
  5. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

KLR wrote:

the key to advertising is repeat, repeat, repeat......

This is exactly true, and what Jacob said holds true also. Quality flyers in a defined area in a persistent manner will pay off...takes time, but works...