Another ASV failure

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by QwikDraw, Dec 6, 2009.

1. KTM

KTM LawnSite Senior Member

Is that for the 325? That is a hell of a deal.

2. Treemow

Treemow LawnSite Senior Member

That is correct. It is an 09 I believe though.

3. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Mitsubishi with Perkins guts, or the other way around, Perkins block, one thing I learned about Caterpillar that is a little known fact, Cat bought out a few companies a while back, just to put them out of business, remember what happened to the PayHauler and PayLoader machines? Cat bought them just to cease production because they were competition.

4. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

The 3.3L in both the ASV and CAT skids/CTLs is a Mitsubishi engine branded either Perkins or CAT.

5. Digdeep

Ron...you know I love you man, but you are getting some real poor information from your "inside source" at CAT. :confused:

The 3.3L engine is entirely a 100% Mitsubishi engine with a CAT or Perkins logo plate glued on the valve cover.

CAT does own a large percentage of Mitsubishi heavy industries...excavators- large and small, forklifts, engines, etc.

6. Digdeep

Ron...you need to get another source with "deep ties to CAT" because Perkins still builds all of CATs 4.4L and 6.6L ACERT engines. You are getting bum info man :dizzy:

I could see them switiching over to the 3.3L Mitsubishi engines in their skids, but it would be real hard for CAT to "discontinue" their deal witrh Perkins because CAT owns 100% of Perkins.

7. bobcat_ron

8. Ozz

Ozz LawnSite Senior Member

Thta's what I was told about dodge trucks.. The Hemi is great but everything aorund it sucked... Not that I know for a fact, it's just what I was told.

BTW, florida has it this year.:)

9. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

Yet you never once bashed your 247B2 when you had yours...

Come on, Ron, are you just going to choose the flavor of the month and ignore everyone else while you're still chewing on it?!

I, too, am really curious who your contact "with really deep ties to Cat" is. Unless that person is disgruntled, it doesn't make much sense to bring up issues like "Cat just buys companies to put them away." There's no way they'd do that with Perkins, ever -- you may think so, but Perkins is HUGE in Europe -- losing them would defeat the purpose of having bought them in the first place. :rolleyes:

10. bobcat_ron

Perkins 2.2 liter engines are done, they are NOT in the new small frame CTL/SSL for 2010.
    This contact I have is a member here (or used to be) I knew way before about the smaller C Series before the last PM I got about hanging on to a future CTL purchase before next year.